Oils are the naturals best friend! Oils act as sealants and work great in hot oil treatments. Some oils can even penetrate hair shaft for strength and general health. Oils can also be added to your shampoo, conditioner and spray bottle. We use most of these in our products as well.
Here are a few of my favorites!
- Coconut Oil- penetrates hair, doesn’t cause buildup, strengthens hair from the inside out and can help reduce your porosity if you have high porosity. Also great as hot oil treatment
- Avocado Oil- hot oil treatments, high in vitamins A, B, E, K and iron, helps with hair growth
- Grapeseed Oil- lightweight and non greasy, high in vitamin E, protein, omega 6, helps dandruff, helps reduce breakage
- Argan Oil- High vitamin E content and antioxidants, promotes hair growth, repairs damaged strands, helps to make hair softer, silkier and adds lustre. It can also help treat split ends since there’s alot of omega 3 & 9 fatty acids, reduces frizz.
- Olive OIl- Antibacterial, antifungal, can reduce dandruff, split ends, adds shine High in vitamins A, E and antioxidants, helps provide strength by protecting keratin in the cuticle.
- Castor Oil- Has plenty of omega-6 Fatty Acids, Vitamin E, anti-bacterial, strengthens the hair, can improve the thickness of hair, stimulates hair growth and treats split ends. It also can improve blood circulation and removes dry, flaky and itchy skin. It is the thickest of all carrier oils.
- Safflower OIl- Has more Vitamin E, Omega 3 and 6 than any other oils. It is great for dry hair, it nourishes and protects the hair, hair growth, since it prevents protein loss from the hair shaft. It can also widen the blood vessels which means more nutrients can enter the hair follicle, which will promote hair growth.
- Moringa Oil- Promotes hair growth, reduces breakage, helps smooth hair, adds shine, high in vitamins A,B, C and E, cleanses, disinfects and moisturizes the scalp. It is also edible and is considered a superfood!
Also essential oils can help with growth and more. Make sure to buy from reputable source, as some are imitation or diluted. You can get great therapeutic quality essential oils here.
Here’s a few that I love and that you can find in many of our products:
- Rosemary- stimulates roots, increases growth, increases circulation to scalp
- Peppermint- can increase growth, opens follicles
- Basil- increases blood flow, circulation and adds strength
- Cedarwood- stimulates scalp increasing hair growth
- Lavender- deep conditions, adds shine, helps reduces dandruff, antibacterial, antiviral
Which oils have you tried and love?